Jane Austen
I thought that those of you who are Jane Austen fans might appreciate a heads up about this upcoming broadcast from PBS. Here's a blurb from the website:Masterpiece Theatre has good news for Jane Austen's millions of fans: PBS's beloved British drama series will broadcast adaptations of all of Austen's six novels, plus a new drama based on her life. It's the first time in television history that her books have been broadcast as a complete collection.
Here's the schedule:
Jan 13 Persuasion
Jan 20 Northanger Abbey
Jan 27 Mansfield Park
Feb 3 Miss Austen Regrets
Feb 10-24 Pride and Prejudice (3 2-hour episodes)
Mar 23 Emma
Mar 30-Apr 6 Sense and Sensibility (2 90-minute episodes)
It sounds like there's a new version of Sense and Sensibility, and Mansfield Park, Northanger Abby and Persuasion have only aired previously in England. Some more info is available at The Jane Austen Society's website.

1 Comments:
Ooooh, thanks for the heads up. I'm totally excited now. Too bad I don't get PBS. I'll have to find a way to see them.
Post a Comment
<< Home