Jun 14, 2007

The Streak Continues! :)

It was a strange night for soccer. We pulled out a win (3-1), but it was nearly a disaster. Soccer is one of those strange games where one team can completely dominate a game....and still loose. During the first half of play we must have had 15-20 shots on goal but nothing went in the net. Our opponents had only one shot in the first half but they converted. The chance only existed because two of our players flubbed clearances and laid a gift ball in front of one of their forwards about eight feet from goal. (Whenever I see a defender who looks like they are about to make the mistake of centering the ball instead of clearing it along the sideline, I hear Phil's dad's voice in my head "never back in the middle!...never back in the midddle!")

The second half was like the first. Nothing would go in until one of my teammates ripped a bullet of a shot, but well off target. Instead of heading towards goal, it went right at me as I closed on goal. If I had a second to think about it I would have ducked it, instead my reflexes took over and I headed towards goal. It went in and it probably looked good, but the goal must have cost me a few IQ points in brain cells. The funny part was that when I was jogging back to midfield our keeper came out and he apparently didn't see who made the header so he just said "so, who has a headache." Not only did my head hurt but my teeth as well from the impact. Sometimes you have to take one for the team. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home