All that reading finally pays off....
Here you see Amara's anatomically correct drawings of her veins and arteries (in red and blue), and on her knee please notice the knee cap (black). If I'd taken a picture of the rest of her body, you'd see her lungs and a lovely red heart drawn on her chest. I've forgotten now what other body parts were included, but I think you get the idea.
We did recently check out an anatomy book from the library, as well as a magic school bus book about the body. She's pretty into how all that works right now. We kind of skipped the reproduction section for now, then had to return the book anyway. Is 4 too young to go there? Sigh.

2 Comments:
E is into both biology and magic schoolbus stuff too.
This makes me laugh. Love the drawings, great idea, Amara! Owen became obsessed with the systems and functions of the human body when he was about three. I seem to remember it all starting with the digestive system; where does your food go when you swallow it? etc, etc. Anyway, I can't even remember when he learned about reproduction, but he knows just about everything except the HOW. He talks all the time about sperm and eggs. Luckily it hasn't occurred to him yet to ask how it gets there...
Post a Comment
<< Home